Many people have become so consumed by various other aspects of their lives that the last thing they want to do is spend a significant amount of time and effort on their own health. As a result, we live in a society where everyone wants a quick fix to his or her health problems. Sometimes problems can be resolved quickly, however, in most situations with chronic pain, it will take a lot of time and effort. The amount of time it takes to feel results, alleviate pain, and repair the body with the MBF system will vary depending on the individual and the particular circumstances of his or her situation. Here are several key factors to take into consideration.
- The longer a problem has been in the body, the longer it will take to get out. If a person has had a problem for 40 years, it will take much more time and effort than a person who has had a problem for 5 years. Similarly, it is much easier to clear out problems caused by an acute injury the instant it happens than a chronic problem that has been embedded in the body for years even if the level of pain felt by the acute injury is significantly higher. Think of the problems in the body like a bad habit. It is much harder to break a bad habit that existed for a long time than a bad habit that has just started.
- The severity of the problem is an obvious factor that determines the amount of time it takes to resolve it. The pain from a sprained ankle or slight bulging disc in the spine can be relieved much quicker than someone who has pain from conditions such as fibromyalsia, ankylosing spondylitis, or a degenerative hip.
- Some problems have not been in the body for a very long time, however, they can be very difficult fix when a person has built an incredible amount of strength on top it. Adding strength on top of a problem only magnifies the problem. This issue tends to be more predominant in men, especially those who have done a lot of weight lifting and strength training. However, the issue of strength being built on top of a problem occurs with both men and women, especially those who have done traditional physical therapy.
- Even though some people have not built an incredible amount of strength overtop of their problems, they have further ingrained the problem by continuously engaging in various other skilled physical activities and movements. When physical skills are developed with a problematic body, the body learns that the problematic issues are a part of “normal” function. This only solidifies the problem thus making it more difficult it is to remove.
- Many people often engage in daily activities and routines that have caused or enhanced their problems. For example, it is extremely common to see neck pain in people whose jobs consist of sitting all day since the body was not designed to be hunched over like a monkey for 8 - 10 hours a day. If a certain daily routine is the cause of the problem and a person is unable to change their situation, then it should be clear that it is going to take much longer to fix the problem since there is something that is consistently having a negative affect the body.
Most people can be free of a majority of their symptoms in about 6–8 MBF programs. However, keep in mind that this approximation is an AVERAGE. This means there are some people who become pain free far earlier and there are some people who have take significantly longer. Everyone hopes that they are one of the “far earlier” people, however, for those who have very severe problems, considering the factors listed above can hopefully develop a more realistic view when it comes to resolving your issues and understand why it will require a greater investment of time and effort. Since a quick fix may not exist, before beginning an MBF program, it is important to think about how much you are willing to put in order to be pain free for the rest of your life.