Articles
Forum
Solution4Pain.com

MBF Welcome to the UK

For the discussion of MBF Posture Therapy

Moderator: admin

MBF Welcome to the UK

Postby veena kudhail on Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:53 pm

Hi Michael, i finally managed to find my way to this forum.

I`d like to say a big thank you to "YOU" for introducing me and other UK members to the MBF Method.

We are all really looking forward to welcoming Geoff (next week) to the Uk.

Veena
veena kudhail

A big thank you

Postby Pamelaann on Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:35 am

Hi Veena
Yes I agree, what a brillaint course..............brillaint method.
Thanks to Michael, massive thanks to Geoff.
Its just geat to have MBF up and running in the UK.
Pam
PamelaAnn
Pamelaann

Happy to meet you

Postby Ruth Dickover on Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:22 pm

Hi Pam, Veena
Nice to meet you here. I've been missing the E-message board and its regular posters (well, some of them anyway). I'm going to be taking Geoff's course in September. Can I ask how the course went for you? Any tips or suggestions for a newbie like me? Thanks

Ruth
Ruth Dickover

Postby veena kudhail on Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:24 am

Hey Ruth, so good to see you here too.

Like yourself i too really miss the interaction we all had on the Egoscue forum.

Also well done for choosing the MBF method you won`t regret it!

As you are probably aware, the UK affiliates have just completed part 1.
The course content is great. It is well structured with a solid foundation.
A lot of the course content is related Newtons laws of motion.

I have started to put into practice what i have learnt from part 1. Only problem is that the Egoscue way of thinking keeps hijacking my brain.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Egoscue Method and you will find that equally both Egoscue and MBF are great Methods for removing pain the only problem is that there is no overlap between the two. Each method has its own unique thought process.

So i`ve decided to take all three levels with Geoff and one day when i have the money i`d like to go to San Dieago and try to understand the Egoscue way of treating pain (if they will share it with me).

Veena
veena kudhail

Postby Ruth Dickover on Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:06 pm

Hi Veena,
Thanks so much for your input on MBF. I was planning to take the level 1 course next month but they tell me it may be postponed now. I am really disappointed. Can I ask you if you've looked at Geoff's CD? I'm wondering if I could study that until I get the chance to take the course in person. I'm looking for something new however. I've read Pete's books about 4 times each and am in need of more detailed info.

Ruth
Ruth Dickover

Postby Michael Jen on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:59 pm

Ruth,

Reading Geoff's manual or CD without taking the course won't help you understand how to work as a practitioner any better. I know that many people from the group in England got the CD and manual before taking the course and after checking out the info they had the "Yeah, I know that already" mentality.

After taking the course, they realized how much they didn't know and I actually spoke to both Pam and Veena and showed them how the manual had so many answers to their questions but they didn't realize it. In fact, Pam said that she read the manual 4 times and never realized the info that I pointed out to her. The course changes your perpective on how to look at the body and the exercises. Without that perspective, the info in the manual and CD will have little meaning and will seem very "ordinary".
Michael Jen

Licensed MBF Practitioner
Michael Jen
Site Admin

Postby Ruth Dickover on Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:01 pm

Thanks Michael. As you know, I definitely want to take the course. However, that may not be possible. Could I learn anything from the CD or should I just wait - no matter how long that wait may be?

Ruth
Ruth Dickover

Postby Michael Jen on Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:53 pm

I would suggest that you wait.
Michael Jen

Licensed MBF Practitioner
Michael Jen
Site Admin

Postby Ruth Dickover on Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:57 am

Thanks. Really appreciate your insight.

Ruth
Ruth Dickover

Postby veena kudhail on Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:12 am

Yep Michael is spot on with his advice.

I bought the CD and for me i think its a waste of time. Reason ; the pictures are computer animated without sound. I need to be talked through each exercise to i know what to do.

As Michael said "wait", Geoff goes through each exercise meticulously on the course.

Veena
veena kudhail

Postby Ruth Dickover on Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:04 pm

Thanks Veena. What you say makes alot of sense. I'll just have to wait then. Gonna be a long wait though as the September class has been cancelled. Wish I'd gone to England to study with you and Pam.

Ruth
Ruth Dickover

Hi

Postby Pamelaann on Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:12 pm

Hi Ruth

Just joined in on this one. As Veena says you won't regret MBF and it will revolutionalise your therapy.

Its actually easy to grasp the basic concepts straight away, it makes so much sense, logical sense, its just that like Veena I keep falling back into my Egoscue way of thinking, its hard really.

I have just had my second programme from Geoff and the results after 1 runthrough are totally awesome, I don't think I have ever seen a body change so much in 1 session. Its so exciting.

Pam
PamelaAnn
Pamelaann

Postby Ruth Dickover on Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:34 pm

Sounds fabulous Pam. I'm totally logic-oriented so it sounds right up my alley. Wish I could start right now. Thanks for sharing.

Ruth
Ruth Dickover

Return to Muscle Balance and Function Posture Therapy