Forum
Solution4Pain.com

Breath

For the discussion of MBF Posture Therapy

Moderator: admin

Breath

Postby Pamelaann on Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:21 pm

Hi Michael

I just wondered what your (or anyone elses) take would be on this. I found out this week that I breathe predominantely into my R lungs, estimated about 60 - 40% R - L, which will have an affect on the chest cavities both sides won't it.

I wonder how this would play into and affect postural dysfunction? And, I can't find any info about the relevance of this, but I am having a L deviated septum sorted out this week, would the breath intake in the L nostril affect the L lungs? My guess is yes?

Pam
PamelaAnn
Pamelaann

Postby Michael Jen on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:52 pm

I don't really know the answer to that question, however, if you were to overdevelop your musculature on one side of your body, it would be seen in your posture. You don't have this issue, so I don't see it having a negative effect on your posture in any major way.
Michael Jen

Licensed MBF Practitioner
Michael Jen
Site Admin

Cause and Effect

Postby Graham Wilson on Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:40 pm

Hi Pam, just to give my thoughts on this:

I would not have thought that a shifted Septum would cause any issues as to which lung would be preferred. The air passes through the windpipe as one so think this can be seperated as an issue. I would think it has more to do with your lateral muscular differences as your diaphram and surrounding support may be stronger on one side which may make it harder or easier for that lung to be used for the air to be forced in/out of.

See you soon.
Graham
Graham Wilson

Return to Muscle Balance and Function Posture Therapy