Forum
Solution4Pain.com

8 weeks?

For the discussion of MBF Posture Therapy

Moderator: admin

8 weeks?

Postby Derek Notman on Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:33 pm

Hello,

I am new to MBF and am wondering if it works on the same 8 week type of program as Egoscue. I am very excited to learn this work and understand it is a totally different game than Egoscue. Just curious if you schedule sessions in the same way, change menus etc.....or is it more of a one menu scenario or what? Hope that makes sense.

thanks,
Derek
Derek Notman

Postby Michael Jen on Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:10 pm

I'm not sure what the Egoscue 8 week program is. However, here's the recommended schedule that people should follow (however very few people follow it). But also keep in mind that not everyone may follow it as some people may have situations with their body that require different time frames.

http://www.solution4pain.com/faq.html#20

What people need to remember is that this schedule is based on how the body works. It was not made up out of the blue by MBF practitioners. If anyone has studied exercise physiology, they will know that a stimulus only has a certain effect for a certain amount of time when it is repeated on a daily basis. Clients tend to want to work on the schedule they want (which has nothing to do with exercise science) rather than what their body needs.

If as person wants to improve their bodies and get out of pain as quickly as possible, they need to stick as close to the recommended schedule as possible. The farther a person deviates from the schedule, the longer it will take for them to achieve the results they are looking for. It is fine if a client doesn't mind taking longer, however, my goal as a MBF practitioner is to recommend a course of action that gets them better as soon as possible.

One thing I do know about Egoscue, is that they tend to make major changes and add lots of new exercises every program. From my experience, this tends not to work well as people are often given exercises that are too advanced or inappropriate for them which leads to negative results. The body can't handle change too quickly. That is also why it is not recommended to update programs sooner than the schedule mentioned above and programs do not completely change when updated.
Michael Jen

Licensed MBF Practitioner
Michael Jen
Site Admin

Postby Derek Notman on Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:46 pm

thank you
Derek Notman

Return to Muscle Balance and Function Posture Therapy